Some libraries are playing with Twitter. The Cleveland Public Library and the Ada Community Library in Boise, Idaho both post events and advertise services.
Here’s an article: Twitter Explained for Librarians
And another: How Twitter Can Help At Work
Use these resources to learn more about Twitter.
- Twitter’s home page: http://twitter.com/
- Twitter in Plain English video: http://www.commoncraft.com/Twitter
- Mark Glaser’s Your Guide to Microblogging and Twitter
Your discovery exercise is to:
- Join Twitter – twitter.com
- Find a network of people with a common interest – it can be coworkers or people outside of work – and sign up to be friends with them. Check out this list of librarians on Twitter: http://justtweetit.com/education/librarians/
- Blog about your experience. Include a link to your Twitter homepage in your blog entry or create a Twitter badge that will display Twitter updates in your blog’s sidebar.